iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro owners are generally happy with the device. From the camera results to the intense gaming and processing, the overall performance of this device makes it worth a shot.
However, you may encounter some issues with the iPhone 12 at some point in life. Fortunately, most of these issues can be fixed. So, before you even consider investing in a new phone, let’s dive into the biggest iPhone 12 issues and see how to fix them.
1. No SIM or Invalid SIM error on iPhone 12
Thanks to Wi-Fi, many people forget about having SIM cards. What’s the point of calling from your phone if you get the facility to call and text people without extra charges?
You may not notice that your iPhone has lost SIM connection until it is actually required. iPhone 12 may lose connection to SIM card due to update glitch, damaged SIM card or port, improper tray placement, or iOS malfunction.
Before you take it to your nearest Apple Store, try these steps:
- Make sure your SIM card is active and ready to use.
- Activate Airplane Mode on the phone and turn it off. Your iPhone 12 should start picking up signals.
- If enabling/disabling Airplane mode does not solve your problem, turn off the phone and take out your SIM tray.
- to examine your SIM card to confirm whether there is any damage or not.
- Put the SIM card with the SIM tray back into the phone.
- Restart iPhone 12. It should now display mobile signals.
You may need to update iOS if the above method does not work. You can do this by going to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone. But if that doesn’t fix the problem, have the SIM card replaced or inserted by a professional.
If none of the steps work, then it’s possible that your SIM card port is broken and may need to be fixed by a professional.
2. Problems with Face ID on iPhone 12
The iPhone 12 is one of the latest models to support Apple’s facial recognition system. It is an additional security step that allows you to unlock the phone and authorize various transactions on the device.
Users may encounter issues due to improper lighting or objects near the face when setting up Face ID on iPhone. If you can’t unlock your phone, clean the sensors (or the entire screen) with a soft microfiber cloth.
You can also reset your Face ID. To do this, follow these simple instructions:
- go to the Settings and scroll down until you see Face ID and Passcode.
- Enter your passcode and toggle any disabled tabs mentioned under File Use Face ID Section.
- If that doesn’t work, tap Reset Face ID And the Set up Face ID.
- set the attention awareness Features as desired. Enabling it adds an extra layer of security and doesn’t unlock the phone unless you’re facing the screen.
It’s usually just a permission issue, but you have the option to reset it if necessary.
3. iPhone 12 sound issues
Some iPhone 12 users may experience sound issues. Remember that it is a temporary problem and it is very easy to fix it in two steps. Click on ringer button (left iPhone above volume buttons) up to activate sounds.
Once the contest runs, here’s what you need to do on your iPhone:
- to open Settings and press Sounds and haptics.
- Increase the volume by dragging a file Ringtone and alarm volume slider.
- Pause where you feel the iPhone is at an appropriate volume level.
If your buzzer is full, but the speakers are not beeping, restart your iPhone. Still not successful? Perhaps your speakers are damaged or filled with dust – it’s time to look for the services of a specialist.
4. iPhone 12 Bluetooth Problems
This might be the most annoying iPhone 12 issue on the list because some users may experience connectivity issues, especially when connected to a non-iOS device. Try to fix this problem by rounding both tools.
If it still doesn’t work, turn off Bluetooth on both devices and turn it back on. Also, make sure that both devices are visible and available for pairing. If the problem persists, you should have your device checked.
5. Wi-Fi Connection Problems with iPhone 12
Using your iPhone without a stable Wi-Fi connection is a bit tricky. Poor connection or Wi-Fi out of range could be the main reason why your phone is not connected to the network. Aside from this, limited data plans or router issues may also lead to connection concerns.
To fix the Wi-Fi issue, you can try the following steps:
- turn off Flight mode on your iPhone and restart it.
- Go to Settings and tap WIFI.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you are connected to and tap on it Forget this network.
- Now, re-enter the password and connect to the network again.
This fixes internet connection issues. However, you can choose other steps like:
- Check if the router is on and running smoothly. You can restart it if necessary.
- Connect your iPhone 12 to any other available Wi-Fi network.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider if nothing works.
6. Personal Hotspot Issues on iPhone 12
Your iPhone 12 may have a personal hotspot issue as the network keeps dropping. The first step will be to check if the Personal Hotspot is still active. Also, disable Low Data Mode.
To disconnect and reconnect to the hotspot, here’s what you need to do:
- From Settingsgo to the cellular.
- Use the toggle button to disable/enable Personal Hotspot.
- Enter the network password on the other device.
Don’t forget that you need an active 3G, 4G LTE, or 5G internet plan with your carrier to use Personal Hotspot on your iPhone.
7. iPhone 12 LTE/5G Issues
Sometimes, when you are changing location or living in a nearby community, it is difficult for your iPhone to provide fast LTE/5G internet. You can solve this problem by enabling and disabling Airplane mode, restarting the device, or re-inserting the SIM card.
Additionally, you can try resetting network settings. Follow the simple instructions below to do this:
- Go to Settings and choose general.
- Scroll down until you see Transfer or reset iPhone.
- tap on Re-Set and press Reset network settings.
- Your device will ask for a passcode. Enter it to operate the network.
Also, feel free to check these details if cellular data is not working on your iPhone.
8. iCloud problems on iPhone 12
There are many iCloud issues that iPhone users may encounter. The most common problems include data synchronization, authentication, storage, and verification.
You can also face iCloud issues due to poor internet connection or lack of storage. Upgrade the space or clear any unwanted files to see if it works.
When nothing seems to be working, troubleshoot iCloud or ask iCloud Support at the official Apple Store.
9. iPhone body discoloration
The exciting part about the iPhone 12 is its color variants. You get many options from red to blue, green, standard black and more. However, some users may notice discoloration, despite taking relevant measures.
Sun exposure, poor cover, and contact with water are the main causes of discoloration. If your iPhone 12 has discolored but is still under warranty, book an appointment with the Genius Bar and get professional Apple support.
10. iTunes and App Store problems
Both the iTunes Store and the App Store can sometimes have trouble working properly on iPhones, including iPhone 12. This could be due to outdated iOS, poor internet connection, or a glitch in the app. Consider the following steps to restore your connection to Apple’s servers:
- with confirmation Apple system status page To check if the problem is on your side or not.
- Change your internet connection to a faster/more stable connection.
- Restart your iPhone, update iOS (if applicable), then try restarting the iTunes Store or App Store app.
If that doesn’t help, you should browse the relevant forums on Reddit to see if others are having similar issues or start a discussion on Apple Support Community.
11. Fast battery drain in iPhone 12
Over time and constant use, the battery inside your iPhone 12 may start to deteriorate, and this is unstoppable. However, excessive use may result in faster battery drain. So, change your iPhone charger if you feel that your phone is not stopping charging as before, especially if you are using a third party.
You can also call your nearest Apple Store and book an appointment for a battery replacement that will set you back $69, no matter what iPhone 12 model you have. Users also get guidance on efficient battery consumption by booking a Genius Bar reservation.
12. iPhone 12 overheating problems
Most iPhones tend to overheat every now and then, especially under heavy workloads. Sometimes, they can also get overheated due to the use of an airtight hood, exposure to sunlight, or generally being in a room with significantly less ventilation.
Regardless of the reason, you may not be able to use certain features like flash or even charge your iPhone when it gets too hot. Infrequent heating is normal, and you can avoid this by placing your iPhone 12 under the shade.
However, constant heating could mean a serious problem waiting to be addressed. So, factory reset your iPhone to eliminate any glitch. And if your iPhone 12 is still heating up more than usual, contact Apple for a quick fix
Fix Your iPhone 12 Problems Like a Pro
The iPhone 12 from Apple is trendy for users who want a modern smartphone experience. Overall, it is a high-end device with premium features, but it is not without its problems.
Fortunately, most of the iPhone 12 problems we mentioned here are fixable and require simple steps. In fact, we discussed persistent iPhone 12 problems and how to fix them.
However, in the rare cases where nothing we’ve discussed here helps, get expert help from Apple Support or check out the Apple forums (or Reddit) for additional help.
#biggest #iPhone #problems #fix