Best Smartphones In Singapore in 2022

Smartphone sales numbers for 2022 could be disastrous

The smartphone market is beginning to resemble the PC market. IDC He just posted a confirmation. There have been five consecutive years where smartphone sales have fallen from year to year, according to data from a consulting firm that specializes in market intelligence.

However, there was an abnormal breakdown, and now that COVID is pretty much a bad memory, the numbers don’t lie. we had sales decline For more than a year it has been getting worse and is already close to 10%. The onset of the pandemic was a strange moment in which there was a temporary crash and its subsequent recovery led to an annual increase of up to 25%.

The smartphone market frequently declines

According to data for the third quarter, which covers the months from July to September, 301.9 million smartphones were distributed. In the past nine years, this was the worst number for a quarter. We haven’t seen a lower number since 2013.

In addition to the units sold each quarter, the annual variance they represent has a clear downward trend (it is necessary to compare the same quarters of each year to normalize the seasonality of sales, which is where the Christmas campaign usually stands out).

According to units sold, sales are divided among the five major manufacturers, which together account for approximately 70% of sales. The remaining 30% includes everyone else.

The startling fact is that this most recent quarter, Apple’s sales only increased year-over-year. The same story was on the computer market at the beginning of October. In a Windows environment that was declining, Macs only grew.

Other smartphone manufacturers declined. They did that last quarter and they’re currently doing it again. Yes, Samsung softens its fall and keeps a comfortable lead. With a market share still four points higher than Apple’s.

The majority of this decline, IDC Originating in emerging markets, “low-income consumers have been impacted by lack of demand, rising costs and inflation,” said Nabila Popal, director of research at IDC Tracker.

They also predicted a difficult end to the remainder of 2022 more pronounced declineand a smooth recovery before 2023. Nabila herself commented on Apple’s growth: “It still faces some challenges, as its growth has stalled in many markets, including China, due to the weak macroeconomic situation.”

News of the week Gizchina

Demand for smartphone chips

smart phones

For smartphone makers who are going through a serious crisis in 2022. The situation will get even more difficult, according to Qualcomm. American business just predicts a terrible year for the industry.

Qualcomm’s fourth quarter of fiscal year 2022, which runs from July to September, is presented. An opportunity for one of the major smartphone chip manufacturers to assess the situation.

The company expected a decline in phone sales in the single digits. But it now expects it to drop into the double digits. According to Qualcomm, “We are changing our forecast for 3G/4G/5G mobile volumes for calendar year 2022 from a low single-digit percentage year-over-year to a double-digit percentage.” Because of the uncertainty caused by the macroeconomic environment.

While the demand is much lower and supply restrictions have eased, the quantity is very large. Therefore, Qualcomm’s biggest customers, the so-called Apple and Samsung, are under pressure to reduce inventory. This is in line with the decision made by Apple in September not to increase production of the new iPhone 14 range.

For several quarters, nothing should change for the better

List of smartphones that you should not buy Moto G72

Apple’s quarterly results, which were available last week, support Qualcomm’s assertions. iPhone sales did not meet analysts’ expectations, but Tim Cook praised his work nonetheless, claiming that it “clearly defied industry trends if you look at third-party estimates on the current smartphone industry”.

Even during the holiday season, when smartphone sales typically pick up, according to Qualcomm, they will still be weak. The company explains that the problem may improve on its own after a few quarters. Despite these challenges, Qualcomm saw turnover increase 22% year over year to $11.4 billion. However, this did not prevent its stock from falling by 6%.


#Smartphone #sales #numbers #disastrous

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *