Latest Clickatell Chat Commerce Trends Report: Retail Edition Uncover new insight into the way consumers today prefer to communicate and make purchases with retail businesses through mobile messaging and chatting. The report, which provided responses from more than 1,000 participants, found that 95% of customers now make retail purchases on their smartphones and that 78% of consumers want to use mobile messaging with retail businesses for convenience.
To better understand how consumers connect with retail brands, new Clickatell research finds significant interest in convenient, personalized commerce experiences through mobile messaging conversations. As global retailers head into the holiday season and shift strategies to deal with changing consumer shopping habits, brands are studying how rich mobile commerce experiences can help drive customer loyalty. The Chat Commerce Trends Report: Retail Edition It found that 69% of respondents would like to receive order updates via mobile messaging, 52% would like to use mobile messaging to track loyalty benefits or inquire about loyalty programs, and 47% would like to use mobile messaging to communicate with a customer service agent. The younger generations have the most interest in using mobile messaging with a retail brand, specifically 92% of Generation Z and 95% of Millennials.
The report also highlights a unique opportunity to offer personalized deals and promotions across mobile channels, as consumers continue to be wary of higher costs during the upcoming holiday season. In fact, 51% of consumers would like to access special offers via mobile messaging, and 81% of consumers are more likely to purchase an item promoted through an SMS link than via email. Brands have the opportunity to let consumers browse, shop, access personalized deals, and track orders all on their mobile devices with a value-rich mobile-first commerce experience.
Additional key findings include:
Younger generations are mobile first:
- 77% of Millennials and Generation Z want to be able to track delivery through personalized mobile messages
- 86% of consumers care about a personal experience with a retail business, especially Millennials (92%) and Generation Z (90%)
Consumers are eager to track parcels and orders:
- 48% of consumers would like to receive shipping and order updates via mobile messages, a higher percentage than wanting to receive personalized promotions (13%), information about a product (10%) or contact a direct agent (10%).
- Three-quarters (75%) of consumers would like to track delivery through a dedicated mobile messaging link, and 69% of consumers would like to receive order updates via mobile messaging channels.
Mobile Loyalty Programs and Deals in High Demand:
- 51% of consumers want to access special offers via personalized mobile messaging and 46% of consumers want to receive personalized promotions for things like last minute deals or alerts when new offers or products are available
- 52% of consumers would like to be able to track and redeem loyalty benefits or ask about loyalty programs through mobile channels
Mobile payment options are on the rise:
- Consumers are more likely to enter credit card details (61%) or use PayPal (57%) to make a retail purchase on their smartphone. Apple Pay is also increasingly popular (23% prefer this method)
- The majority of consumers (95%) make retail purchases using their smartphone
- 27% will pay via a secure payment link
said Peter de Villiers, CEO and co-founder of Clickatel. “For retail brands, the next wave of commerce is building relationships with consumers in the same way they connect with friends or family every day: on their mobile phones.”
full digital Chat Commerce Trends Report: Retail Edition Available over here.
#Retail #moving #mobile #devices #customers #purchases #smartphone