Looking to open the link on Android using a third party app or webview. Here is the simple guide to fix no app to open URL error found on Android.
In this guide, we will learn some troubleshooting tips to fix “No application was found to open the URLError. Users encounter this error message on Android devices. An app to open URL appears when you try to open a link on a web browser or any app.
When you are browsing the internet using the browser app, you may come across a link on the website. While clicking on the link, it should open in the corresponding application. That’s when the error appears even though the app is installed on your phone. This error can be caused by bugs in the Android operating system or any technical problem with the corresponding application responsible for playing the associated content.
Additionally, if the appropriate app permissions are not granted, or are revoked due to the apps not being used, you may end up seeing an app not found error to open the URL. Even an app cache filled with unwanted data can cause an app to keep unresponsive while coming to a link from another app or browser.
Fix Not Found App to Open URL Error on Android
Here I have listed some troubleshooting tips that you can use and fix the “No app to open URL was found” issue on your Android device.
1. Clear the cache of unresponsive apps
In this troubleshooting tip, you should clear the cache of the two apps. The first is who hosts the link, which you can’t open. The second app is the one the link should redirect you to. Clearing the cache is the same as the traditional method we do when solving other issues.
- Long press on the icon of the corresponding app whose cache you want to clear.
- Then, on the shortcut menu, tap Application information.
- Under that, go to Storage and cache and click on it.
- Then press Clear cache.
- Restart the application.
2. Update your Android OS to the latest version
To resolve any errors in the Android operating system, you can update it to the latest version available.
- go to the Settings > System.
- tap on System updates.
If an update is available, follow the onscreen instructions to install it. Make sure to restart your Android device once the update has finished installing.
3. Reboot your Android device
If your Android device is already running the latest OS version, just restart the phone. This often fixes random issues with different Android apps.
- Long press the power button.
- tap on Restart.
- Once the device restarts, try to open the link and check if it now opens on the target app.
4. Install the latest app updates
Never forget to install app updates in time for all the apps installed on your Android device. This will help overcome bugs and compatibility issues that might otherwise arise with other applications or system builds.
- Head to Play Store > tap on the connected Gmail account.
- From the menu, tap App and device management > Updates are available.
- tap on update all To start installing the update for all applications.
5. Reset app preferences
When you reset the application preferences, the settings of the applications change to the factory default parameters. However, the app data remains unaffected. Troubleshooting is performed when applications keep crashing even after updating the system architecture. One of them is to refuse to open links obtained from other applications.
- go to the Settings > press order>tap on Reset options.
- Choose Reset app preferences.
- Confirm by clicking Reset apps.
6. Force close the application Select link sources
Close the app or browser that is showing the link, press the command you end up seeing an error no app was found to open the URL.
- Launch the app switcher by swiping up on the screen and stopping in the middle of the screen.
- Navigate through the app switcher to the problematic app.
- Hold the app card and pull it up to close it.
- Then after a few seconds, launch this app again and try to open the link. It must be opened in the target application.
7. Check if the permissions are granted to the apps
When you do not use an app for several days, the Android operating system automatically revokes the permissions for that app. Users often tweak the app’s settings manually and revoke some permissions as they see fit. In the event that the target app is installed on your device and the link is not opened from another app, then you need to grant all the necessary permissions to that app.
- Long press on the app icon > press Application information.
- Now, press Permissions.
- Click on each parameter and set it to Allow.
- Once done, access the link from the original app and it should open on the target app.
8. Uninstall and reinstall the app
Simply uninstall and reinstall the problematic app from your Android device. This could easily fix the app not responding issue while allowing links to open on its base.
- Go to the app drawer of your Android device.
- Scroll to the app or search for it using the search option in the app drawer.
- Long press on the app icon and select uninstall from the shortcut menu.
- Launch the Play Store and search for the app.
- tap on Installations To get them back on your Android phone.
That concludes our quest for troubleshooting tips to fix “No app was found to open URL error” on Android devices. Try these fixes, as they worked for many Android users. I am sure that the link you are trying to open will find its way to the corresponding application in which it should open.
If you have any ideas about How to Fix Not Finding App to Open URL on Android?Then feel free to enter below Comment box. Also, please subscribe to us DigitBin YouTube Channel for educational videos. cheers!
#App #Open #URL #Error #Android #Ways #Fix