third generation iPhone SE and the iPhone 12 It is now among the lowest cost Apple Iphone Options, starting at $429 and $599, respectively. Apple released the iPhone 12 in late 2020, and has since lowered its price to make it more accessible as new iPhone models have been launched. On the other hand, the third generation iPhone SE Launched in early 2022update the cheapest iPhone option in the lineup.
With only $170 in between, should you get the new, smaller, entry-level iPhone or the larger and older standard model that has fallen in price over the years? Our guide helps answer the question of how to decide which of these two iPhones is best for you.
iPhone SE (3rd generation)
- Smallest form factor, weighs 144 grams
- Front and back windshield
- 4.7 inch Retina HD LCD screen
- Max brightness 625 nits (typical)
- Contrast Ratio 1400:1 (Standard Ratio)
- Home button with Connection ID
- A15 Bionic chip
- Single rear camera (ƒ / 1.8 main)
- photography styles
- Smart HDR 4 for photos
- 7 MP front camera confrontation time HD camera with 1080p HD video recording and Smart HDR 4
- Battery life up to 15 hours of video playback
- IP67 rated water resistant to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- Midnight, Starlight, and PRODUCT (RED) color options
- The largest form factor weighs 164 grams
- Front ceramic shield and rear glass
- 6.1 inch Super Retina XDR OLED display
- 625 nits maximum brightness (typical) and 1200 nits peak brightness (HDR)
- Contrast Ratio 2,000,000:1 (typical)
- Face ID
- A14 Bionic chip
- Dual rear cameras with 2x optical zoom range (ƒ / 1.6 main and ƒ / 2.4 ultra wide)
- night mode
- Smart HDR 3 for photos
- HDR video recording with Dolby Vision up to 4K at 30 fps
- volume amplification
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with 4K video recording, Smart HDR 3, slow-motion video support, Animoji and Memoji
- Battery life up to 17 hours of video playback
- IP68 rated for up to six meters of water resistance for up to 30 minutes
- U1 Ultra Wide Spatial Awareness Chip
- Supports Dolby Atmos audio playback
- Compatible with MagSafe Bags, wallets, wireless chargers and more
- PURPLE, BLUE, GREEN, BLACK, WHITE AND PRODUCT (RED) COLOR OPTIONS
Overall, the iPhone SE is an excellent choice for the entry-level iPhone for just $429. In some ways, the iPhone SE is better than the iPhone 12 because it is a newer device that features a faster, more efficient chip, photographic modes, and Smart HDR 4.
For an additional $170, the iPhone 12′ offers a more modern design and a larger OLED display, plus Face ID, an ultra-wide camera, night mode, significantly better front and primary cameras, MagSafe, and longer battery life. There’s also improved water resistance, a U1 chip, Dolby Atmos audio playback, and even additional color options to choose from. It all makes for a big upgrade over the iPhone SE if you value these features and can afford an extra $170, but it’s worth bearing in mind that it’s not a core capability for many users.
The main drawback of buying iPhone 12 is its age, as the device features an older and less powerful chip. Some users may appreciate the iPhone SE’s smaller size and weight, as well as features like Touch ID. All in all, it comes down to whether you value having a smaller or newer device, or you can go beyond that to take advantage of a device with Face ID and a larger OLED display.
If you prefer the iPhone 12 feature set, it’s still a good option for $599, but overall most users looking for an affordable iPhone should opt for the iPhone SE as it is more future-friendly and offers a similar A15 chipset as other Apple. iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus models.
It is also worth noting that the file iPhone 13 The mini starts at $599 like the iPhone 12, and continues to be available from Apple, but features a smaller 5.4-inch screen. The iPhone 13 mini is a new device and starts with doubling the iPhone 12’s 128GB storage, so iPhone 13 mini would be a better option for users who are considering iPhone 12 but don’t mind a slightly smaller screen.
#iPhone #iPhone #Buyers #Guide #Comparison #Apples #cheapest #iPhones