Most computer monitors have a built-in speaker. If you’re using a laptop, it probably has a built-in speaker as well. While the quality of the audio output is debatable, these built-in audio hardware helps when there is no external audio setup.
However, what if your computer speaker or external audio setup stops working, and you don’t have time to troubleshoot it? If you have an Android phone, you can use it as an external speaker for your computer. Here we show you two ways to turn your Android phone into a PC speaker with the help of an app.
Use your Android phone as a wireless speaker for PC with AudioRelay
AudioRelay is a file audio streaming app It allows you to turn your Android phone into a wireless speaker for PC. It supports both wireless and wired audio streaming modes.
To connect your Android phone to your PC, you will need to have the AudioRelay PC client installed on your Windows, macOS or Linux device, as well as on your compatible Android device.
The free version of the app is ad-supported and limited in features. If you wish, you can upgrade to the premium version to remove ads. The subscription also provides support for multi-device streaming and lets you customize audio quality settings.
We are using Windows for this guide. Follow the steps below to turn your Android phone into a wireless speaker.
- Make sure your Android phone and PC are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Next, download AudioRelay app to your Windows PC, then launch the installer and click next one.
- Make sure to select all the options under File Select additional tasks Section.
- click Installations To complete the installation and restart your computer.
- After the restart, launch the AudioRelay application on your computer.
- Next, download and install the AudioReplay Android app on your phone.
- Run the app on your phone and tap start.
- Click on a file computer name under servers Section.
- Once connected to your computer, you will see your Android phone listed under File links section in the PC client.
- This is it! Now play something on your computer to hear the sound from your phone’s speaker.
- You can also adjust the volume from the AudioRelay PC client.
- To stop the audio stream, tap Stop button within the Android app.
The quality of the audio output largely depends on the quality of your phone’s speaker. If you upgrade to the premium version, you can access uncompressed audio, compression options, control buffer amount, and some other great features to improve your audio quality.
Use your Android phone as a wired computer speaker
If you cannot connect to the same Wi-Fi network or find that the wireless connection is slow, you can use AudioRelay in wired mode. It uses USB tethering and provides less delay by sending audio over a USB connection. Could you Use USB tethering to connect mobile internet to your computer like that.
Follow these steps to turn your Android phone into a PC speaker via USB tethering.
- Make sure AudioRelay app is installed on your PC and Android phone.
- Next, connect your Android device to your computer via a USB cable and make sure that the phone is detected.
- In the AudioRelay Android app, scroll down to File USB tethering Section.
- After that, press Settings To open mobile hotspot and tethering settings.
- Here, toggle the switch for USB tethering to turn it on.
- Next, go back to the AudioRelay app on your phone.
- under servers section, click on the new entry with the name of your computer.
- In the PC client, your phone’s name will appear below the file links Section.
- Play anything on your computer to stream audio through your phone’s speaker.
If you are having difficulty streaming via the USB tethering option, try using a different USB cable or an alternate USB port.
In addition, you can also use your Android phone as a microphone for your computer. To do this, in the AudioRelay PC client, open the file player tab and select File microphone option under the situation Section.
Turn your Android phone into a PC speaker
AudioRelay is an excellent way to turn your Android phone into a PC speaker. However, it is not without its drawbacks. The sound quality can be controlled in the free version. Also, the app automatically disconnects from your PC if you run anything on your smartphone.
However, if your computer speaker or microphone decides to give up in the middle of something, AudioRelay lets you use your Android phone as a temporary replacement.
#Android #phone #speaker #Windows #Mac #Linux