Knowing how to share location on iPhone is really helpful. Maybe you’re on a night out and you broke up with your friends or you’re in a strange city and need someone to find you. You probably can’t fully explain where you are because you are constantly on the move. By sharing your location using your iPhone – a file best phones About – Others will be able to locate you on the map.
You do not need to install an app to access this service (although you can, if you wish, do so How to share a location on Google Maps). That’s because Find My comes baked iOS, so you just need to make sure that location services are activated and that the location sharing feature is set up. You can then decide how long you want to share your location for and whether you want it to be completely accurate. With that in mind, let’s learn how to share location on iPhone using Find My.
How to share location on iPhone
- Launch the Find My app
- Click on the People tab
- Click on the + . icon
- Click Share My Location
- Select who you want to share with
- Click send
Before you can follow these steps, you may need to enable Location Services and Location Sharing. We’ve detailed how to do this below, as well as cover the steps for sharing your location in more detail. Read on for the extended instructions for each step.
How to enable location services
1. To make sure that location sharing is active on your iPhone, Open the Settings app And the Click Privacy and Security.
2. Click Location Services at the top of the screen. It may appear as active but click on it anyway.
3. If location services are inactive, Toggle the Location Services button to On (so that it appears in green). then Move the mouse down the screen.
4. Click on Find My In the list of applications on the Location Services screen
5. Choose the level of access you need Find My app. Could you Select the question next time or when I share If you want to see a popup asking you to allow or deny the location request. Unlike that Choose while using the app.
6. Currently Toggle exact location button. This will ensure that, when you share your location, the Find My app can determine exactly where you are.
How to enable location sharing
1. Launch the Find My app And the Click on in the lower right corner of the screen.
Toggle Share My Location to if it is not already active.
2. Click on the site in this popup menu. you can now Set a sticker as home, work, school or gym. You can also Click Add custom label to create your own.
How to share location on iPhone
1. Launch the Find My app And the Click on the People tab.
2. When you are ready to share, Click on the + . icon.
3. In the menu that appears, Click Share My Location.
4. In the To: field, Type the name of the person you want to share withand then Select any of the suggested names If relevant. You can also Click + and select a contact.
5. Click send. you can now Choose how long you want to share your location for. This can be for one hour until the end of the day or forever.
How to stop sharing your location on iPhone
1. You can stop participating at any time. Just Tap the name of the person you’re sharing with in the People tab.
2. Currently Click Stop sharing my location. You will be asked to confirm this Click Stop Location Sharing again.
And now you know how to share the location on the iPhone using Find My, but it is worth noting that the application is also useful in other ways. Why don’t you learn How to find your lost or stolen iPhone or the number How to track iPhone or friends? The best Apple Watch also adds Find Devices to watch How it works. If you don’t like the service, find out How to turn off Find My iPhone? And if you have an Android phone (or know someone who has), take a look at it How to find your Samsung phone like that.
#share #location #iPhone