Google has started previewing the latest changes to Android as part of Google Play’s November system updates, including wallet improvements and parental controls.
Modernization: Google is bringing an updated image picker to nearly All Android device, including completely old devices.
While major Android updates usually arrive on an annual basis — give or take an occasional release mid-year like Android 12L — Google is constantly improving the experience for phones, tablets, wearables, and more. These improvements come from a suite of apps/services that the company has dubbed the “Google System,” i.e. the Play Store, Google Play Services, and monthly Android OS updates.
The easiest way to check if you need to update Google Play Services on your phone is to follow a direct link to the app Play Store List And update from there, if available. To update the Play Store, click on your avatar in the corner, then on “Settings”. Under the About section, you will see the Play Store Update option. Meanwhile, Google Play system updates can be found through the Settings app, under About phone > Android version > Google Play system update.
Google has begun sharing what to expect from the November batch of changes – although details of the official Play System update have not yet been released – starting with a tweak to Android parental controls. Previously, no supervised user (or child accounts) on an Android device would be able to change the device clock, preventing an easy way to bypass time restrictions. With the latest Play Services update, the clock change constraint is active only for those who have a certain time limit, otherwise it is allowed to change the clock freely.
Furthermore, Google is making some modifications to Google Wallet, allowing those who accept the payment service to customize the Wallet logo. In addition, app/web developers will have new ways to “deep link” in parts of Google Wallet.
Update 11/3: Google has now announced that Android’s revamped photo picker user interface – UI For the first time with Android 13 It is now available for almost every Android device. According to the patch notes, phones and tablets dating back to Android 4.4 KitKat, which was released in 2013, will be able to use the photo picker in Android 13.
Originally, only Google had He said Devices running Android 11 and above will get the new design. It looks like the company has now found a way to bundle it with Play Services version 22.43, making it part of Google’s November system updates.
Google Play System Updates November 2022
- [Phone] Allow supervised users who do not have time limit features enabled to make changes to the device clock.
- [Phone] Enable photo picker support back to Android 4.4.
Google Play Store
- New features to help you discover the apps and games you love.
- Improvements that allow for faster and more reliable downloads and installations.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device secure.
- Various performance improvements, bug fixes, security, stability, and accessibility improvements.
- [Phone] Update user learning experience for new Android features.
- [Phone] Allows merchants to dynamically create a GPay button for customization.
- [Phone] Updated API to allow links to certain placements of additional Google Wallet screens.
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
#Google #Play #November #Updates #Android #Photo #Picker