- Alphabet Corporation The Google The Google Youtube He appointed Leo Olebe as the new head of the gaming unit after eight months vacant for the position.
- Olebe has held executive positions in the game partnerships division of Google Play and a similar position at Facebook. Prior to Facebook, Olebe held positions at Electronic Arts Company EA and Zynga.
- China Ministry of Industry and Information Technology He held emergency meetings over the past week with leading semiconductor companies to assess the damage caused by the Biden administration’s restrictions on chips and pledge support for the critical sector.
- Technology supervisor invited corporate executives, including Yangtze Memory Technologies Co., Ltd. And the Al-Fajr Information Industry Companyin closed meetings since the United States announced the measures.
- Advance Republican Senator and important customer to support Boeing Company BAin an effort to persuade the US Congress to extend the deadline for winning certification of two new 737 MAX aircraft.
- The company faces a late-December deadline for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to certify the MAX 7 and MAX 10.
- Switzerland will need to dispose of about 9 million doses of Moderna Company mRNA The COVID-19 vaccine that has expired.
- This waste reflects the Swiss strategy of ordering more vaccines than is needed to ensure that its population of about 8.7 million has an adequate supply despite supply bottlenecks or quality problems.
The Wall Street Journal
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd. TSM It weighed expanding its production capacity in Japan to reduce geopolitical risks. The Japanese government has allowed TSMC to expand in the country beyond a plant already under construction.
- critical Apple company AAPL The supplier is building its first chip-making plant in Japan, located on the southern island of Kyushu.
- Boston University has created a synthetic form of COVID-19 in the lab. Now, US health officials have launched an investigation into a controversial study.
- The National Institutes of Health told the Financial Times that its officials are investigating whether the study, funded in part by the US government, should undergo additional testing before proceeding.
- No less than 208 community members Shiba Inu Token (SHIB/USD) Signs Petition Urging Crypto Exchange Binance To list the governance code for the SHIB ecosystem – Shibaa bone (bones / US dollar).
- BONE allows SHIB community members to vote on upcoming proposals. The more tokens a user holds, the more weight their vote will carry in future endeavors. BONE contains 250 million tokens, and it was listed by MEXC GlobalAnd the CoinExAnd the BitMartand the citizen Sheba Swab.
- Cryptocurrency lending company going bankrupt Voyager Digital Limited VYGVQ Seeking Creditors Approval To Sell $1.42 Billion To Crypto Exchange FTXafter obtaining preliminary court approval.
- US bankruptcy judge Michael Wales He said that as long as Voyager remains open to offers greater and better than FTX’s offer, he will accept Voyager’s contract of sale and creditors’ solicitation materials.
- Amazon.com Inc AMZN He faced a class action lawsuit in the UK for allegedly using a “secret and self-serving algorithm” that violated competition law and caused millions of UK customers to pay higher prices.
- The claim will seek damages from Amazon estimated at £900m.
- The New York Times Company The New York Times She abandoned her plans to launch an app for children.
- “When we launched our Kids project three years ago, that was before the acquisitions of The Athletic and Wordle, both of which quickly changed the scale of opportunity for our subscription package. Ultimately, our Kids app caters to a smaller market at a time when we need to focus on expanding our Kids business. Subscribe to us,” Times Chief Product Officer Alex Hardiman said in the email.
- Nokia Corp norwegian krone It posted net sales growth for the third quarter of FY22 by 16% year-on-year (6% in constant currency) to €6.24 billion.
- Network infrastructure sales grew 5% year-over-year in CC. Cloud and network sales are down 3% year-on-year in CC, while Nokia Tech sales are down 19% year-on-year, weighed down by expired licenses.
- Mobile network sales grew 12% year-over-year in CC as supply chain restrictions eased.
- Mercedes-Benz Group ADR MBGYY Signed a supply agreement with Rock Tech Lithium Inc To save an average of 10,000 tons of lithium hydroxide used in batteries annually.
- The transaction represents an estimated turnover of approximately C$2 billion or €1.5 billion under the agreement’s five-year term and initial ramp-up period.
- This represents 40% of the projected annual production from Rock Tech’s planned conversion capacity in Gobin, Germany.
- Philip Morris International evening would agree with Altria Group Inc MO To terminate the commercial relationship of companies covering IQOS in the United States with effect from April 30, 2024.
- IQOS is a smoke free product with heat and no combustion technology.
- After that, Philip Morris will have full rights to market IQOS in the United States
- The smartphone market may not regain its momentum in the 2022 fiscal year, which ends in March, and is likely to extend into the coming period, Norio Nakajima president Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. my mirror He told Bloomberg in an interview.
- Murata, headquartered in Kyoto, provides electronic modules and components for Apple company IphoneSamsung Android devices and leading Chinese smartphone makers.
- Federal health advisors have recommended a recall Coffee Pharma Premature labor medicine has been taken off the market because it is ineffective.
- The FDA’s advisory panel voted 14-1 to withdraw Makena, citing recent findings showing it does not prevent health problems in newborns of mothers who have taken the drug.
- Philip Morris International Raised the takeover offer of the tobacco company Swedish AB . match SWMAF.
- Philip Morris made a full cash offer of 106 SEK per share at the Swedish Match in May.
- A subsidiary of Philip Morris, Philip Morris Holland Holdings BV (PMHH) has increased the offer price to SEK 116 per share.
- Meta Platforms Company dead In a Facebook post, Amin Zifonun, Vice President of Corporate Development, said he is taking a breather after nearly 12 years.
- Zofonone was instrumental in the acquisitions of Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson Eric Sales for the third quarter of FY22 recorded a 21% year-over-year growth to reach SEK 68 billion.
- Group organic sales grew 3% year over year, driven by networks in North America. Network organic sales are up 7% year over year.
- It reported earnings per share of 1.56 Swedish crowns, compared to 1.73 Swedish crowns last year.
- Adjusted gross profit margin shrank 260 basis points to 41.4% due to lower IP revenue and supply chain costs and a larger share of services after the network footprint expanded.
#Apple #supplier #smartphone #market #dip #year #veteran #Meta #Exec #loses #Instagram #WhatsApp #acquisitions #Voyager #Digital #seeks #creditor #vote #sell #FTX #Top #Stories #Thursday #Oct #Bitcoin #BTCUSD #Ethereum #ETH #USD