Search Engine Tech Giant was planning to launch a new user interface for Android Auto. At Google’s recent event IO 2022, the company teased its upcoming multitasking Android Auto UI.
What is Android Auto?
For those unaware, Android Auto is it Application Developed by Google to mirror some of the features of an Android smartphone on the available car screen. Once your device is paired with your car’s display, you can use some useful apps on your screen. It helps you focus on your drive without interrupting your usual work, including sending or receiving text messages, navigating Google Maps, listening to podcasts or your favorite media apps, and easy access to what you want while driving.
The company regularly updates the app to make the consumer’s driving experience safer and more accessible. At the beginning of 2022, the company showed off the new user interface for the Android Auto app. This article will discuss the latest updates, features, and more. Read more to find out.
What are the features of the Android Auto app?
Android Auto is your smart driving companion, helping you stay connected with Google assistant. It has a very streamlined and easy to use interface which makes your favorite supported app run smoothly while you are on the road.
With the help of Google Assistant, you can give tasks right on your car screen. Some of them are as follows:
- Find a route to your next destination using Google Maps with real-time GPS navigation and traffic alerts.
- Quickly, you can get updates on your route, expected time of arrival, and real-time hazards.
- You can check your calendar to see where you want to be.
- You will be able to set reminders, get news updates and check last night’s score.
- Avoid distractions while driving by setting a custom Do Not Disturb message while driving.
- Android Auto makes it easy to place calls with the Google Assistant and answer incoming calls with a tap.
- You can access your contacts folder and send and receive messages with Google Assistant using SMS, WhatsApp, Skype, Telegram and many other messaging apps.
- Manage your entertainment and broadcast system like never before.
- Access to listen to your favorite media apps, including Spotify, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, and TIDAL – High Fidelity Music Streaming. Music, radio, sports news, audiobooks, and podcast apps are also supported.
With so many features covered, let’s move on to our update tracker, where we will discuss the new changelog available via update for the Android Auto app.
Android Auto update tracker
The company updates the app regularly. And for 2022, we have the following change:
November 16: The Google Android Auto app is getting a new update with version 8.5.6245. The update provides bug fixes and improvements to improve user experience and app stability.
November 4: The Google Android Auto app is receiving a new update with beta version 18.104.22.168. The update brings bug fixes and improvements to improve the app’s performance.
Oct. 21: Google Android Auto is receiving a new beta update, version 8.4.1242. The update brings bug fixes, enhances user experience, and increases app stability.
October 4: Google Android Auto is receiving a new update with version 8.2.6239. The update brings performance improvements, bug fixes, optimizations, etc.
The company officially showed off the new user interface, called Coolwalk, from Android Auto in 2021, but since then, they’ve remained mum. And finally, for now, the public beta of the new Coolback UI. The most anticipated Android Auto Coolwalk user interface is said to be rolling out to most of the car head units worldwide. Hence, Google has released Android Auto v8.5.6245 with Coolwalk UI via the stable channel. And we’ll talk about the new user interface, the features it offers, and so on.
With the help of a new interface, users can run several applications simultaneously on the car screen. The user interface is now cleaner, faster, and displays more information than the previous version. The split screen functionality is now more refined and refined. To be clear, the new Coolwack UI is inspired by the Apple CarPlay dashboard.
The new Coolwalk UI offers the following features:
- The most useful Google Maps is now larger which makes it more accessible to the driver, not straining the eyes.
- The media card available on the dashboard has now been completely redesigned, and it expands and contracts based on use. With just one click, you can access Google Assistant recommendations for music, other apps, etc.
- In addition to Rail or Ribbon, there’s the new App Dock that makes it easy to switch between recently used apps with a tap.
- There are now more options for formats on a large screen.
- Material You widgets and layouts are now available with the new Coolwalk UI for Android Auto.
Does your device support Android Auto?
You will need an active data connection and file Android smartphone 6.0 or higher to run Android Auto on your device. Now supports more than 400 Android Auto car models. To find out if your car’s display is compatible and how to enable it, see your owner’s manual or contact your car manufacturer. Once enabled, use a high quality USB cable to connect your phone to your car, then use Android Auto.
It is important to note that if you are using the new user interface (Coolwalk UI) for the Android Auto app, you must have Android 8.0 or higher installed on your device. The rest of the procedure remains the same.
#Android #Auto #November #Update #Tracker #Build