5 Habits That Might Drain Your iPhone's Battery Life

5 Habits That Might Drain Your iPhone’s Battery Life

Phone batteries that don’t last very long over time seem to be an ever-present problem, especially with modern smartphones.

This seems to be a particular problem with IphoneHowever, a tech expert revealed some habits from users that may be contributing to the problem.

Tom Patton, Founder greensmartphones.comit revealed a number of things that should be avoided to help extend life Iphonebattery life.

Your local guardian: Charging your iPhone overnight can take a toll on your batteryCharging your iPhone overnight can take a toll on the battery (photo: PA)

5 habits to avoid to help preserve your iPhone’s battery life

1. Keep your phone screen facing up

Having your phone on a flat surface means that every time you get a notification it turns on momentarily, but if it’s face down it won’t.

Tom Patton said: “What’s worse, if you’re sitting outside, in a restaurant for example, you are Iphone Its brightness will be set very high, to ensure that you’ll still be able to see the screen despite the sun’s glare. Every time you get a notification, your screen will turn on at almost full brightness. By keeping your phone face down when it’s on a table or desk, you can save a significant amount of battery life. ”

Lock screen notifications can be turned off on a per app basis by going to Settings then Notifications.

instead Iphone Users can also use Do Not Disturb mode to prevent the screen from turning on when they receive a notification.

2. Charge your phone overnight

Charging your phone overnight can be commonplace, but it can affect battery life if done on a regular basis.

Tom Patton said: “You Iphone Quite intelligent – when you charge your phone overnight, it knows to fast charge until it’s 80% full, then charge the remaining 20% ​​more slowly, to avoid overcharging.

“The problem is that when charging for a long time, your battery heats up. Over time, this can degrade battery life, causing it to run out of a full charge more quickly.”

3. Maintain website services all the time

Location services can be useful but your presence Iphone In the case of continuous communication with the satellite, it consumes a lot of battery life.

Every time you open an app with location services enabled, battery life can get wasted.

It can be turned off by going to the Privacy section in Settings.

Your local guardian: Keeping location services turned on can drain your batteryKeeping Location Services on can drain your battery (photo: PA)

4. Using battery killing apps

Some application usage habits may have an effect on your Iphone Battery life, especially the “navigation and video streaming” ones.

Tom Patton said: “Anything that has to do with constantly tracking your movement, like Google Maps or Uber, is going to use up massive amounts of battery. The same goes for apps like YouTube and Netflix, because they use a lot of processing power, so keep your screen and speakers on.” , and requires a lot of data – which affects battery life.

It’s a good idea to check how much battery different apps are using, and to consider uninstalling those that drain your charge. IphoneIt’s very easy to do. If you go to Settings > Battery, you can see a list of apps that are consuming the most battery life. ”


Read more: Millions of iPhone users in the UK can get a refund due to battery ‘throttling’


5. Use Lift to Wake

Raise to Wake is a feature that means when you raise a file Iphone From a flat surface the screen will be turned on.

Tom Patton said: “If you’re constantly on the go, you could be picking up your phone hundreds of times a day, using up a huge percentage of your battery life. To save battery, it’s a really good idea to disable lift wake.

“If you pick up your phone and want to see notifications, you can always double-tap the screen or press the power button.”

Raise to Wake can be disabled in Settings under Display & Brightness section.


#Habits #Drain #iPhones #Battery #Life

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *